The firm was established in 1953 as E J McCudden Architect with the design of the Royal Museum of Natural History in Wascana Centre. Mr. Ross Goldie joined the firm in 1955 and the firm became McCudden and Goldie Architects. The firm was renamed McCudden Goldie and Morley Architectural Services Ltd when Mr. Bill Morley joined the firm in 1976. In 1996, with the retirement of Mr. Bill Morley, the firm was restructured and Pattison MGM Architectural Services Ltd. was established under the direction of Mr. Reid Pattison. The firm today comprises 4 principals, 2 technical staff, 4 students and 2 support staff.
Working with both public and private Clients the firm has designed master plans, spaces for educational, research facilities, multi-family projects and commercial buildings. The firm has had the privilege of designing some notable buildings in Saskatchewan, including the Royal Museum of Natural History, SaskTel Head Office Buildings in 1966 and 1981, Saskatchewan Wheat Pool Head Office Building (now Viterra) and the Walter Scott Building. More recently have been the SIAST Wascana Campus and the Greenhouse Gas Technology Centre at the University of Regina. The firm has provided consulting services internationally in both Vietnam and Romania.
The Architect is the arbiter of the physical environment and it’s impact on society.
Buildings are artifacts.
Buildings are legacy icons.
Buildings must satisfy the physical, physiological, social and cultural aspirations of society.
Our mission is - CREATE BEAUTIFUL BUILDINGS THAT WORK - within given budgets, programs and context.